Roku has released a new range of video streaming players. As standard Roku boxes don’t support VPN, but with a VPN Router you can watch USA TV on your Roku from anywhere.
How to get Roku VPN on your device. Last month Roku announced the biggest streaming player launch in their history! They introduced the Roku Express, Roku Express+, Roku Premiere, Roku Premiere+ and Roku Ultra. With this lineup, plus the recently updated Roku Streaming Stick, there’s now a player for everyone. In addition, they’ve reached another first; now there are 100+ streaming channels in their search feature allowing you to find more of the content you want to stream.
Why can’t you setup VPN on a Roku stick or Roku box?
Roku streaming devices do not have built-in VPN or MediaStreamer DNS functionality. In order to use a VPN connection on your Roku, you’ll need to connect your Roku to a VPN Router. Roku is now available in several countries worldwide, however the most comprehensive range of content is available via Roku USA.
What American channels are available on Roku?
Some of the most popular USA channels available on Roku VPN…
- Amazon Instant On Demand
- Hulu Plus *
- HBO Go *
- HBO Now *
- PBS Kids
- Netflix *
- Disney *
- NBC *
- FOX *
- WWE *
- NBA *
- NHL *
- MLS *
- NFL *
- ABC *
- ABC Family *
* No subscription for these channels? See the comments below this article for more information.
So how do you access Roku VPN and get USA channels from anywhere?
- You’ll need a USA configured VPN Router – setup as American for only £12.99 with Worldwide Shipping.
You then need a US Roku account, skip this step if you already have one:
- On your VPN-connected computer or mobile device, visit https://owner.roku.com in your browser and set up a US Roku account.
- When you are asked to choose your country, set it to United States.
- When it asks you to enter a ZIP code, use an American ZIP code with 5 digits. Examples: 90210, 10005, 92803
- Factory reset your Roku by pressing and holding the Reset button on the back of your Roku for 15 seconds.
- When your Roku starts up again, log in with your new US Roku account.
Once you have a USA VPN Router & Roku US account you’ll be able to connect any of the current range of devices to Roku VPN with an American IP address and watch on your TV.
Of course Roku devices aren’t the only streaming gadgets that a USA VPN Router will allow you to connect up as American. Other streaming devices can also be setup for USA. These include Apple TV, PS3, PS4, Xbox, BluRay, Smart TV as well as PC, Mac, iOs and Android.