The next TV you buy is highly likely to be a Smart TV, these internet enabled TVs allow you to access various media content through integrated apps via your TV remote control. But how can you change the regional settings of your TV to USA or UK?
Samsung TVs, depending on the model you own can easily be switched to US, UK, Ireland etc regardless of the default setting on the TV when you purchased it.
Once you change the setting a whole new selection of apps becomes available the region you select. Set a Samsung Smart TV to United Kingdom and you’ll get BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, All 4 etc. Set it to United States and it’ll offer Netflix USA, Hulu, HBO etc. And if you go Irish then RTE Player, TV3, TG4 etc will all be available.
SETTING H-SERIES SAMSUNG SMART TV HUB REGION TO USA OR UK
To determine whether you own an H-series or F-series Samsung Smart TV, click on ‘Menu’ on your remote control. Then go to Support –> Contact Samsung. Check the Model Code. If you see an H after the first four characters, you own an H-series Samsung Smart TV. If you see and F after first four characters, you own an F-series Samsung Smart TV.
For H-Series Samsung Smart TV, follow these steps to change your Smart Hub region to US, UK, Ireland, Spain etc.
– Click on the “Menu” button on your Samsung remote control.
– Go to “Smart Hub”.
– Select “Reset Smart Hub”. Enter PIN if prompted.
– Choose your network.
– When the Terms & Conditions screen appears, click the following buttons on your remote: », 2, 8, 9, «
– A list of all supported countries on your Samsung Smart TV will appear. Choose your the region you wish to change your Samsung Smart TV hub to. (US, UK, Ireland, Germany, Spain etc.)
– Agree with the Samsung Terms.
– Continue the setup process. When the Smart Hub finished loading, all the new apps will appear.
CHANGE YOUR F-SERIES SAMSUNG SMART TV HUB REGION
If you own an F-Series Samsung Smart TV, the steps needed to change your Smart Hub region differ a little.
– Choose TV as source.
– Select Menu on the remote control.
– Select System.
– Choose Setup.
– Continue the set up.
– When you get to the Smart Hub Terms & Conditions page, press the following buttons on your remote control: Mute, Return, Volume Up, Channel Up, Return.
– Choose your new Samsung Smart TV region. (USA, United Kingp, Ireland, Germany, Spain etc.)
– Continue the setup as usual.
You can only have apps from one region at a time. This means you cannot load the USA Hulu app with the UK BBC iPlayer app at the same time.
ALL YOU NEED NOW IS A VPN ROUTER
Changing the region on your Samsung Smart TV isn’t enough though! Your internet connection also needs to be set as local within the region you have set on the TV. This can be achieved with a low cost VPN Router (Worldwide Shipping) – these routers (supplied by Liberty Shield) are simply plugged in to your existing ISP router and will provide a new WiFi zone in your home or office the county you want; you can then connect all your tech devices to the new WiFi zone for the region.
For example: Buy a pre-configured UK VPN Router and your Smart TV, tablet, smartphone, computers etc will be able to access BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, All 4 etc.