The Rugby World Cup 2019 will take place in Japan and broadcast by ITV in the UK, with catchup on ITV Hub.
The 2019 Rugby World Cup will be the ninth Rugby World Cup, and is to be held in Japan from 20 September to 2 November. This will be the first time the tournament is to be held in Asia, and outside the traditional heartland of Rugby Union.
🏉 Rugby World Cup 2019
📺 Free ITV Live Streaming & Catchup on ITV Hub
📅 20th September – 2nd November
The opening match will take place at the Ajinomoto Stadium in Chōfu, Tokyo, and the final match will be held at the Nissan Stadium in Yokohama, Kanagawa Prefecture.
In the first round the twenty teams are divided into four pools of five teams. Each pool will be a single round-robin of ten games, in which each team plays one match against each of the other teams in the same pool. Teams are awarded four league points for a win, two for a draw and none for a defeat by eight or more points. A team scoring four tries in one match is awarded a bonus point, as is a team that loses by fewer than eight points – both bonus points are awarded if both situations apply.
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- United States
Worldwide Broadcasting Rights for Rugby World Cup 2019
Whilst ITV will broadcast free live streaming to UK internet users, other (pay TV) options are available globally:
- Network Ten (Free, Australia) (10 Live Matches)
- Fox Sports (Australia)
- TF1 (France) 🇫🇷 Need a French VPN?
- Ran (Germany) 🇩🇪 Need a German VPN?
- Eir Sports (Ireland) 🇮🇪 Need an Irish VPN?
- Spark Sport (New Zealand)
- SuperSport (South Africa)
- ITV (Free, UK) 🇬🇧 Need a UK VPN?
- NBC Sports (USA) 🇺🇸 Need a USA VPN?
- TSN (Canada) 🇨🇦 Need a Canadian VPN?
How to watch the Rugby World Cup 2019 free on ITV from anywhere…
The Rugby World Cup 2019 will be streamed live for free on the ITV website as well as the various ITV Hub apps on iPhone, iPad, Android, Smart TV, Now TV, FireTV etc.
When you load ITV Hub in the USA, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, France, Spain, Portugal, Australia, Dubai, Canada etc. you will get an error message.
We’re sorry. ITV Hub is only available to viewers in the UK. If you want to watch in Europe, you may be able to use our ITV Essentials service, which offers our top pick of shows in selected countries.
This is basically because their streaming services are geoblocked based on the IP address being used to access it. You must be a UK domestic web user to access ITV live tv streaming and catchup with ITV Hub.
- Get a UK IP address.
- If you just want to watch on your PC, Mac or iPad. Then you can get a UK Proxy or VPN from Liberty Shield, FREE for 48 hours and then from only £6.99 per month.
- Prefer to watch on supported media streaming devices like Now TV, Smart TVs, Apple TV, Xbox, PS4, Amazon Fire TV, Roku etc? You’ll need a UK configured VPN Router setup as British, available from only £12.99 with Worldwide Shipping available.
Furthermore ITV Hub isn’t the only geographically-censored streaming services a VPN or Proxy will allow you to access. Other UK services like BBC iPlayer, BBC Sport, All 4, Sky Go and Now TV are available. Plus with the option to switch to our USA service whenever you like, you can access Hulu, HBO GO, Netflix and Pandora. Essentially you can access international content from virtually anywhere!